Apple cider vinegar is popularly used for culinary purposes and known for its many health benefits. It is known to boost weight loss, improve blood sugar levels, provide relief from indigestion, and decrease heart disease risk.
There have been many studies that have been conducted that highlight the benefits apple cider vinegar provides. This article will summarize those studies so you can determine how this super solution can boost your health.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Weight Loss
Apple cider vinegar is known to produce feelings of fullness, which reduces the temptation to eat more throughout the day. In this sense, it may be useful in boosting weight loss.
One 2009 study took a look at how body weight, body fat mass, and serum triglyceride levels could be reduced in obese Japanese subjects. 
The 12-week study consisted of three groups given either vinegar, no vinegar, or a placebo for the duration of the trial period. The findings were as follows.
- Bodyweight, BMI, visceral fat area, waist circumference, and serum triglyceride levels were significantly lower in those that took the vinegar than groups that were given the placebo or nothing at all.
- A daily intake of vinegar may reduce obesity and may, therefore, help prevent metabolic syndrome.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Improved Digestion
Many people take apple cider vinegar to improve digestion, which can be especially effective in consuming protein-heavy meals.
There is no research to support the effectiveness of apple cider vinegar in improving digestion.
However, its potential is backed by a 2015 study that reviews the effects of dietary organic acids on the digestive system. 
The study has produced the following results:
- Apple cider vinegar breaks down the acidity in the stomach. This helps your body create more pepsin, an enzyme that is effective in breaking down protein.
- Organic acids stimulate the secretion of pancreatic enzymes and lower gastric pH. They act as an energy source during GI tract intermediary metabolism, and they enhance tract digestibility.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Heart Health
Animal studies have shown that apple cider vinegar may be effective in improving health factors that contribute to heart disease. It has been shown to lower blood pressure, cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and other risk factors.
One 2016 study showed that vinegar could decrease blood pressure in hypertensive rats. 
The 8-week study examined male hypertensive rats that were assigned to take either vinegar, acetic acid, nifedipine, nifedipine, and vinegar or distilled water for eight weeks. It yielded the following results:
- The acetic acid in vinegar provides antihypertensive effects.
- Vinegar is most effective in blood pressure control when combined with nifedipine.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a hormonal disorder that occurs in women of reproductive age. Symptoms include irregular menstrual cycles, which are often linked to increased androgen hormones, ovarian cysts, and insulin resistance.
A 2013 study showed that women with PCOS who took apple cider vinegar experienced restoration of ovulatory function. 
For the study, seven women consumed a beverage containing 15g of apple cider vinegar for 90 to 110 days. The results were as follows.
- Intake of the beverage resulted in a decrease of homeostasis model assessment insulin resistance.
- There was an improvement in ovulatory function through the improvement in insulin sensitivity.
- Apple cider vinegar may be an excellent alternative to medications that treat PCOS and assist in health issues associated with insulin resistance, anovulation, and infertility.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Blood Sugar Management
Apple cider vinegar is known to be effective in managing blood sugar levels, and it is recommended for those who have issues with insulin resistance. It works by slowing the emptying of the stomach after meals, which prevents high spikes in blood sugar.
It also helps move glucose from the bloodstream to the cells. In this sense, it is effective in improving insulin sensitivity and lowering blood sugar levels.
One 2017 study shows how vinegar consumption can assist with glucose and insulin responses. 
The study reviewed controlled trials conducted to determine its effect on postprandial glucose response and postprandial insulin response as a secondary outcome. Results were as follows:
- There was a reduction of insulin and glucose response in participants who consumed vinegar instead of those that did not.
- Vinegar can be useful in reducing postprandial glucose levels.
- Vinegar can be useful in reducing postprandial insulin levels.
- Vinegar can be considered as an adjunctive tool for improving glycemic control.
Apple Cider Vinegar’s Antibacterial Properties
Apple cider vinegar has long been used for its antibacterial properties. It is an effective cleaning solution, and it has also been used to treat nail fungus, lice, warts, ear infections, and clean wounds.
Its ability to kill bacteria means that it can be effective in preserving food. This is due to its ability to inhibit bacteria like E. coli that is known to spoil food.
Vinegar’s antibacterial properties also mean it may be effective in fighting acne.
The antibacterial characteristics of vinegar have been highlighted in a 2018 study that looked at its effects against Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, and Candida albicans and its ability to downregulate cytokine and microbial protein expression. 
The study produced the following results.
- Organic acids are safe to use and can eliminate harmful intestinal bacteria.
- The study backs home remedy claims that apple cider vinegar has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties.
If you think apple cider vinegar may help reduce your health issues, there are plenty of options when it comes to adding it to your diet.
You can include it in the food you eat, or you can take it diluted by water. But the easiest, and tastiest way to ingest it may be taking Get Happlely’s Apple Cider Gummies.
Our gummies offer a high concentration of acetic acid and important culture of beneficial bacteria that contains essential proteins and enzymes.
They are recommended for weight management, and they support healthy cholesterol and blood pressure levels while increasing energy and improving digestion. What’s more, the fun gummy formula makes them pleasant to ingest.
So what are you waiting for? Boost your health by adding Happlely’s Apple Cider Gummies to your diet today!